Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Green French Manicure!

This one was a fun one but I didn't leave it on very long because I don't wear this color a lot. Yes, I kind of have to match my nails to my clothes. Haha! Here is what you'll need:


  • Base coat- for the tips, I used a white polish.
  • Top Coat
  • "Pure Ice" brand in the color "Wild Thing"
  • "Sally Hansen" brand in the color "Hard to Get"
  • "Sinful Colors" brand in the color "Black on Black"
  • Dotting Tool
  • Small Nail Art Brush to create stripes. Or you can use a Striper. 
First, I applied the white polish on my nail tips. Like I explained in the last tutorial, a simple base coat will not do when it comes to bright neon colors..especially green! I took this look off and it still looked like I had the green polish on! I figure a normal base coat would have kept it from staining the nail...nope! So, apply the white as the tip base just to be safe! 
After all the white polish dried, I applied 2 coats of the green polish onto the tips.
Next, I took my Nail Art Brush and dipped it into the black polish and applied the black stripes as shown above. Clean off the brush and repeat the same process, this time with the white polish. Apply as shown. 
Next, add the dots with your dotting tool or tool of your choice. 
Let it dry and apply top coat! Done! 

You can apply glitter to this look if you like! Make it your own unique design! <3 XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment