Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Black and Silver Studded Gel Nails!

This is one of my favorite looks!! I love the square studs, they add some flare! What I used to accomplish this look: (minus the gel procedure)

  • "Sinful Colors" brand in "Black on Black"
  • A silver striper. (available at Sally's)
  • "Out the Door" top coat. (also at Sally's)
  • Q-Tips.
  • Polish Remover.
  • Nail Glue.
How to get this look:

First, apply a base coat (or top coat) of your choice. I used a top coat for a base this time only because it's a thicker liquid. My nails tend to stain easily so..I need the thick stuff :-) 
Next, after all is dry, apply the black color to the free edges of the nails except for the ring fingers. Paint those all black. Two thin coats on every nail.
Next, apply the silver stripes to the base of the black color. 
Next, apply the squares. I wet the tip of a Q-tip to apply them. Dot on nail glue to the spots where you want them. (I did them straight down in a row) The studs stick to the wet q-tips and comes off onto the nail easily when the stud comes in contact with the nail glue. 
After the glue dries, seal the deal with some thick top coat! "Out the Door" is by far my favorite!! AND it dries in 45 seconds tops! 
Once you are dry, your done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment