Friday, October 2, 2015

Salted Caramel Coffee Recipe!

Hello all! 
Sorry it's been so long since I've posted! I went away on vacation and it took me a while to get caught up on everything when we got back. 
Sorry today isn't going to be my make up pallet review but I will get it up sometime this weekend!! Here is the recipe: 

Yields: 3 cups of creamer

3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt ( I used sea salt, I like the taste of it better)
2 cups half-and-half

To a saucepan over medium-high heat, add the water and the sugar. Stir until the mixture heats up and the sugar dissolves, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Measure 1 cup of the mixture, also known as simple syrup (save any remaining for another use or discard). To the 1 cup of simple syrup whisk in the vanilla and salt. Allow the mixture to cool 5-10 minutes and then add it to the 2 cups of half and half. Stir well. 

Keep creamer in sealed container (I use a mason jar) in the refrigerator. Use as you would store-bought creamer. Shake or stir before each use. 

**OPTIONAL**

I added some whipped cream on top of my coffee. Along with some caramel and a PINCH of sea salt. The creamer by itself is DELICIOUS! I think the extra steps ruined it in my opinion. Whip it up and comment below if you liked it!! XOXO Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment