Friday, January 31, 2014

Basic French Manicure with a Leopard Accent!

*You can use whatever brand you like. I am just listing what I used for all of these looks if you like specifics* 
 This look is easy, yet classy and matches everything! What I used:

  • The white was the "Sinful Colors" brand in "Snow Me White" 
  • The black I used is the "Pure Ice" brand in "Black Rage"
  • The silver center of the leopard spots was "Stripe Rite" from Sally's Beauty Supply. 
  • The black leopard spots were applied with "LA Colors" Art Deco" in black. They have different names for every one. This one was purchase at the Dollar Store. 
  • Top Coat (THE BEST TOP COAT EVER)!! This top coat is called "Out The Door" it dries very, very fast and it dries as shiny as a gel top coat would! 

How I accomplished this look:

*MAKE SURE EVERY STEP IS COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE CONTINUING* 


First off, I applied "Nail Magic" nail hardener. Yes, it works!! I promise you! My nails have grown immensely since I've started using this product (from Sally's as well).

Then, after this dries, I just apply the white polish on the free edge of every nail. If you don't have much of a free edge, you can use reinforcement labels to get a smooth, polished look. 
After the white color dried, I took the silver "striper" and put 4 dots on my ring finger nail from top to bottom (space them out and make them a little uneven). 
After the silver dried, I then made small "C" shapes around the silver dots. If they are a little messy....PERFECT! Actual leopard spots are not perfect and are always a little jagged around the edges. 
Lastly, after all was completely dry, I put on the amazing top coat! You can apply up to two coats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment