Friday, January 31, 2014

French Manicure with a Music Staff and Note Accent!

I really love this one! 
What you'll need to accomplish this look:



  • "Nail Magic" base coat.
  • "Snow me White" in the "Sinful Colors" brand.
  • "Silver Striper" from Sally's Beauty (or any other store that sells them).
  • "Art Deco" in the color black from "LA Colors" brand. (you can get this at the Dollar Store).
  • "Sally Girl Minis" in the color black. You can get these mini nail polishes from Sally's Beauty for .99 cents!
  • A bobby pin.
  • Nail Polish Remover. (always keep handy)
  • Q Tips. (always keep handy)
  • "Out The Door" Top Coat (my favorite!) Dries in 15 seconds!


How to achieve this look:

First, I gave my nails one thin coat of the "Nail Magic" as a base coat. 
Then, I took the white color and painted the free edge of my nails.
After that, I took the black striper and created the three lines on the ring fingers to represent the music staff. (make them as thin as possible..blot the striper brush a few times to make sure the polish isn't gobbed on).
Let dry.
Next, I took the black color from the Sally Girl mini and I put some on a piece of paper. Then, I took the bobby pin and dipped it in the color to create the round part or "base" of the notes. 
Then, I used the actual striper brush to create the rest of the notes. 
Let dry.
Then, I took the silver striper and created a silver line underneath the white tips. With the same striper, I filled in between the music staff lines to add a highlighting affect to the design. 
After all this is dry (make SURE it's totally dry), apply the top coat then your finished! 

No comments:

Post a Comment