Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Black and Pink Leopard Heart Design!

There are a lot of supplies used for this look! Only because the I was missing some colors and I had to mix a couple of different colors to get the desired color. What you will need:


  • "Nail Magic" base coat (as always, my favorite!)
  • "Out the Door" Top Coat. 
  • "Avon Mega Watt" brand  in the color "Electric".
  • "Pure Ice" brand in the color "Love".
  • "Sinful Colors" brand in the color "Pinky Glitter."
  • "Pure Ice" brand in the color "Black Rage."
  • "Sinful Colors" brand in the color "Snow Me White."
  • Two stripers "Silver" and "black." 
  • Bobby Pin.
  • Toothpick.
  • #306 Nail Art Brush. (found at Sally's) 
How this was done:

First, apply all nails with the base coat (or any of your choice).
Then, lets prepare the background colors. My index fingers were applied with two thin coats of the white color. My middle and thumb fingers were applied with the black polish. (I only did one coat, feel free to do two thin coats for more staying power). The ring and pinky finger both were applied with two thin coats of the "Love" color. (light pink) 
Now, after all these dried, I applied the hearts on all of the black nails. I find it easier to apply the bigger hearts with the bobby pin. To do this, put the light pink color on a piece of paper, then dip the tip of the bobby pin in the polish. Next, place two dots at the top near the cuticle, then one dot underneath. I then used the nail art brush to connect and shape the hearts. Keep playing around with them until you get the desired look. Hold them up to face you to make sure the hearts are even all around.
Next, I worked on the chevron index fingers. I used a mix of the nail art brush and the black striper to complete this look. (whatever feels more comfortable to you). Start off at the cuticle and work your way down. Make the stripes small at first, then thicken them up as you go.
Moving on to the ring finger! Now, I used a toothpick to make these smaller "leopard" looking hearts. This look is done just like the larger hearts on the other fingers were done..just smaller! **I mixed the Avon brand color and the "Love" color together to create the color I wanted for the small hearts.** 
I made "C" shapes around the small hearts after they dried and added some silver in with it as well! 
The pinky finger was coated with one coat of the "Pinky Glitter" color. Then, after all is dry, apply the top coat and your done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment