Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Ulta Take Me There Pallet Review and Swatches!

Here is what the Ulta Eye Shadow Pallet looks like! Some of these colors I liked, and some I didn't. I will swatch ALL of these colors for you so, this may be a long post! As I go through, I will let you know if I liked them or not. You can determine if they're right for you, hopefully by the swatches I provide! (The color in the very center of the pallet is a primer!)
(Sorry for the glare, it's a rainy day here in the Mountain State) 
Let's begin! 



To the right from top to bottom:

Majesty- beautiful, pigmented purple! *thumbs up*

Sunrise- A pigmented, shimmery nude *thumbs up*

Naked- A whitish nude, a little too light for me. Couldn't see it well. *could do without*





Left to Right:

Glitter Top Coat Deep End- Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL, metallic deep grayish blue color!! This color will compliment SO many different eye colors! Especially blues! I'm very excited to use this color! *thumbs way, way up!*

Aztec Gold- Can we take a moment....just LOOK at how pigmented and metallic this color is! I'm thinking of a look with this color and my Mermaid NYX color for a perfect, beachy glow for the summer time! *thumbs way, way up!*

Green Machine- Yes, another BEAUTIFUL color in this pallet! I love all these metallics! This color in the inner corner with a smoked out black would be a great evening out look! 

Hopeless Romantic- This is a beautiful Rose Gold metallic color! This color would be perfect with a bold liner and a nude/light brown eye shadow look! 



Left to Right:

Mimosa- This color was ok but required a lot of coats. And sometimes, you just don't want to do that with eye shadow. It's a metallic orange with flexes of glitter in it. A pretty color but like I said, requires a couple of applications. *could go without*

Khaki- This color sucked. It was a very translucent color and it took multiple coats with my finger to get it to show up on camera. *could go without*

Brownie- This color was ok but was streaky. You can tell that if you look closely at the bottom of the brown color that it started streaking..not cool. *could go without*

Eggplant- Not impressed with this one either. Again, it required multiple applications to get the desired color. These colors MAY be different if applied on top of an eye shadow primer! I have yet to try that. *could go without* 




Left to Right:

Sunburst- Yes, YES, YES! A beautiful metallic gold that would again, go great with a blue color to create that beach babe look! *thumbs way, way up*

Glittering Sands- I LOVE this color! Very subtle, but very pretty! Great for a center of the lid pop of brightness. *thumbs way, way up!*

Key West- Ok...wow. Metallic AND blue!!!??? Win, win! Beautiful color, beautiful pigment! *thumbs way, way, WAY up!*

Sapphire- This color is a mix of matte and metallic. Very interesting color, but very pretty! I can't wait to try this out with a look! *thumbs way up!*


This concludes all the swatches! 

*Most of the metallic colors will go on better when applied with your finger on a primed eye lid. Metallics, when applied properly, can be very pretty! You can try application with a brush, but I'm pretty sure you'll get the best results when using your finger :-)*

Here is a link to the pallet: right now, this pallet is on sale for $9! Get it quick if you're interested! XOXO

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12321031&skuId=2282509&_requestid=339764







No comments:

Post a Comment