Monday, July 20, 2015

Updated Hair Care!

Hello All! Thought I would share an updated hair care routine. Below are the things I use when I straighten my hair. I use the Garnier Fructis as my shampoo. Great shampoo to keep that frizz under control!! And it really does have three day frizz control! Now, I didn't notice it doing anything for my "dry" hair issues..but we'll get to that in a minute! This shampoo does make the hair smooth and manageable though! Smells fantastic as well! I know I recently put up a shampoo post, but my hair apparently gets bored easily with hair care products and eventually, I have to move on to something else! Once I've used products for a good month, I have to switch out for something else. So, I'll swap back and forth between this routine and my "all natural" shampoo and conditioner. I will post the link below so you can visit that if you so desire! :-)
The Redken "Real Control" is what I use for a heat protectant. This was made to be a daily nourishing styling treatment for dense/dry/sensitized hair (which is mine all the way!). I apply this product after I've blow dried and before I straighten. It works WONDERFULLY! Love this product! This IS a leave in treatment so, no need to wash out. It's not heavy on the hair and it does not leave residue at all! It also has a wonderful smell! **Word of advice! Start drying your hair with a cotton tee shirt. It keeps the frizz at bay and it's SO much easier on your hair!**
Pictured to the right is the "it's a 10" Miracle Deep Conditioner plus Keratin. This stuff is WONDERFUL! Mid week, I'll apply ONLY this to my hair and let it set while I finish up my shower. I don't wash with shampoo at all during the week. Sounds gross, I know, but it's SO much better for the hair to give it a long break in between straightening. Once I finish up my shower, I take a wide toothed comb and brush the product through. Once I'm done, I rinse out the treatment right before getting out. I pat my hair dry with my 100% cotton tee shirt and let it dry curly (which is my natural), no heat applied. Just let it air dry. Thank you for reading!! XOXO, Krys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment