Thursday, July 30, 2015

Let's Get Real

*I will NEVER condone an unhealthy lifestyle

With that being said....let's get real.

I know that what I do as a "Beauty Blogger" has a lot to do with "looks" per-say but I don't do make up to make me feel beautiful, no woman should have to apply make up to feel beautiful. I do it for the art. For the simple beauty and unending art that can be done on the blank canvas that I call my face. 

Ladies, if we were to count how many times a day we put ourselves down, what do you think that total would be? If every time when we looked in the mirror, or changed in front of our mirrors, we found SOMETHING to mentally complain about? Be honest with yourself. You don't have to tell me, but be honest.

Like this, for instance: 
"My stomach is SO nasty. Why does my husband even find me attractive? I wouldn't." (one of my thoughts on a DAILY basis)
or
"My butt is too big and my legs jiggle. Gosh, I don't have a thigh gap either!"

This list could go on...and on.....and on. I, myself, am guilty of thoughts like this. Sometimes on a daily basis and more than one time a day. 
Ladies, this is NOT good for us. Mentally or physically. 

If ALL we do is complain about our bodies, we're eventually going to BELIEVE it! Every single nasty, mean thought that we can think of about ourselves, we'll believe. A friend of mine suggested a different way of thinking: Instead of focusing on the negative, focus on the positive! 
For me, my stomach is my negative. So, I'm going to focus more on the positives:
  • I have nice arms. From working out, they are getting toned!
  • I love my legs! 
  • My husband loves my butt. Whether you like it..let's be honest, it makes us feel pretty good! :-) 
  • My back is nice! 
  • I have pretty eyes.
  • I have big, pouty lips.
This is how we should think! Focus on what you LIKE instead of what you dislike. 
Try this with me, ladies. Let's re-train our minds on how we think about ourselves. 

Now, if you have real issues with your body....DO something about it! I was SO tired of sitting around with a "Whoa is me" mentality, complaining about this and that so...I got up off my lazy butt and started doing workout programs and started eating healthier. NO DIETS, just healthier choices. Your body is mold-able! If you give your body what it needs as far as healthy food and you work it hard, it WILL give back! It may take time and LOTS of patience, but it WILL happen. 

I believe in taking care of our bodies and doing what we can to make our temple healthy and strong! I believe that constantly putting yourself down is not the right way to handle the situation. It can send you into depression and really take a toll on you. 

So, think positive ladies!! Feel free, if you want to comment YOUR positives below and let's help each other! 

Here is a quote that I've liked recently "Strong is the new sexy." Now, different women can take this differently but to me, working out and eating healthy is what makes me strong! Find YOUR strong, and work it! 

XOXO,
Krys.

No comments:

Post a Comment