Saturday, May 19, 2018

First Impressions

Hello Everyone! 


Today, I'm doing a first impression/look of the day!
I want to review the 
Maybelline Matte+Poreless Fit Me Foundation as well as the Cover FX Blurring Primer.

Now, if you know me, you know that I don't wear foundation. I typically hate how foundation feels on my skin as well as the clean up at the end of the day. I'm just not a fan! 

This foundation claims to be Matte + Poreless. Did I notice a reduction in my pore size? No. Was it matte? Not really. It does, however, feel very light on the skin. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing foundation at all, which is a HUGE plus in my book!! Also, it allows my natural skin to pop through so it doesn't look like "cake face" either! 

Now, on to the Cover FX Primer. This claims to fill in the pores as well. Did I notice that it did? No. It's pretty pricey stuff too!! I did notice that the primer helped my 
foundation (or so it seemed) lay nicely on the skin. I still have texture showing through as well as some fine lines popping out but that'll happen (another reason why I stick to "less is more"). The foundation costs under $10. I got mine at my Family Dollar for around $7!

Overall, I would recommend the foundation! As I said, sits nicely on the skin, not thick at ALL and looks nice.

The Primer? No. I wouldn't buy it. Only because of the price point. I would expect it to preform better if it's going to be that expensive ($38). Thankfully, I got this in my Boxycharm! Whew! 

I hope you found this review helpful! As always, when I show first impressions and how things are supposed to sit/show on the skin, I do NOT edit (other than crop) my photos. I want you to be able to see the real deal when it comes to certain things. 

XOXO, 
Krys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment