Friday, May 11, 2018

Mascara Test/Review

Hello everyone! Good afternoon!! Today, I want to review the "Double Decker Lashes" Mascara from Butter London. Below are the before, first and second coat of mascara. I've worn this before but I never really paid attention to how it preformed throughout the day. So, today I'll do that for you! Later, I'll upload another picture before I wash it off so you can see if there are any bits that fall off through the day. I'm not a fan of the slight clumping I had but it's not TOO bad.  

**I applied this mascara a little before noon.**



Yes, my right side is the "good side" with my mascara. My right side always looks better with the mascara. Anyone else better lashes on one eye?! Here are the links and price to the mascara, so I don't forget to post later. 



Mascara's are $20 on BOTH Ulta and Butter London's website. 

Ulta
https://www.ulta.com/double-decker-lashes-mascara?productId=xlsImpprod13831067

Butter London 
http://www.butterlondon.com/home/?search=Double+Decker+Lashes+Mascara

Check back in later for my final thoughts!! 

XOXO, 
Krys. 

CHECKING IN!! Okay, so..not super impressed with the staying power. I had watery eyes today and it leaked and transferred. I'm pretty sure that's the case with all mascara unless it specifically says "transfer proof," "water resistant" or "water proof." Pictures below! 

Forgive the scowl. Haha! It was bright outside when I took the picture. You can see here that the actual volume and length is the same.

Here you can see on the lower, outer corner that it did transfer a bit. I was laying on my swing with my eyes on my cushions and on my arm so..not TOO bad. 

In this picture, you can see a tad bit of transfer right above my upper lash line. 


PROS


  • Gives volume
  • Gives length 
  • The volume and length stays put. 

CONS

  • Transfers
  • It's $20 
  • You would have to pay shipping and handling (which is worth it to me if it's a FANTASTIC product).                     
Overall thoughts: I wouldn't repurchase this product. Only because it's $20, there's transfer AND S&H would have to be dished out. Again, if the product is amazing, I would happily to that. This product didn't "wow" me so, I would not repurchase.  

No comments:

Post a Comment